Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A little information and 1 more day of the challenge.

First: Hi stalkers!  Feel free to comment so I know who you are! :P


Well, this cycle is almost certainly a bust.  Negative tests plus spotting that started today=AF is coming for a visit.  Not surprised, due to the fact that my O date was purely a guess (hCG trigger=24-48 hours before you ovulate and I forgot to temp several times this cycle).  I decided yesterday that I am going to bite the bullet and call an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist).  Basically what an RE is is an OB/Gyn who is trained more fully and specializes in infertility.  This would be a doctor much more prepared to deal with my PCOS and with more time available to their infertile patients.  Dr. Karon is an amazing OB/Gyn, but it is a pain in the ass to get a monitoring appointment, her nurses don't know shit about infertility, and sitting in the waiting room with pregnant women and women with their children with them is agonizing at best.  The reason I say the nurses don't know shit is that when I called this cycle to get bloodwork to confirm I ovulated the nurse told me that there is no such thing and that progesterone is only checked when you get pregnant to ensure you make enough.  Not true, 7 DPO(days past ovulation) bloodwork can absolutely confirm ovulation.  If it is below 5, you didn't ovulate, if it is above 5 you did and with a medicated cycle, most RE's like to see it in the 10-20 range at 7 DPO.  We put Geoff's S/A (semen analysis) on hold until we go to an RE as we don't want to pay for it twice and most REs like to do one themselves.  


So, I will be calling Dr. Karon's office tomorrow to get my prescription for 100mg Clomid called in and make my monitoring appointment (I'm going to tell a little white lie if AF shows today so my "Cycle Day 10" scan will be on Cycle Day 11, a more convenient day for me and not a huge deal as far as follicle size goes).  Then, I will call an RE in the area and set up a consultation appointment and let them know what we have done so far and get a game plan set.  If I do this I am covering all of my bases and will still have a chance to conceive this cycle.  I am scared that if I go with just the RE, I will miss out on this cycle and it is very important to me to have all the chances I can get, especially since I had a "psychic" tell me that I would either conceive, find out, or be due in November.  If I got pregnant on this next cycle I'd be due in mid-November so I don't want to give up on that tiny glimmer of hope that I have.  


Day 22: Favorite City


My favorite city in the world, despite my decision not to live there anymore is Rochester, NY.  I love my family and have a large (over 30 people in just my Aunts/Uncles/Cousins/ Grandparents!) family base there.  The food is AMAZING and shopping is great.  The only things I really hated were that 1) it was in NY so taxes sucked and 2) NY winters are horrible and summers are short.

0 comments: