Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 14: A picture you love

This is my favorite picture in the whole world.  It was taken about 3 weeks before my grandmother passed away and it shows our big, happy family on my mom's side.  In the back row are my brother, my Uncle Paul, my cousin Alex, my dad, and Geoff.  The middle row is Sarah (about 4 months pregnant with Ben), Grandma, my mom, Aunt Leen, and Aunt Cathy.  The front row is Kenzie, Karen, Kristen, Sophia, Jackie, and me!  This picture reminds me of happy times and it was our family's 2nd annual Christmas Brunch.  We are a very tight-knit family and would do anything for each other.  Grandma had a wonderful last Christmas and we were all so happy that she knew Ben was coming before she passed away.  He has many of her qualities and even makes a face she used to love making.  I'm saddened that she will never get to meet Karen's little boy or any of my (or my brother's) future children, but I'm glad that we got to spend so much time with her and that she got to, after 6 years, be with my grandpa again in Heaven.

0 comments: