Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 17: Something you are looking forward to

I am completely looking forward to going to NY either in March or August (not sure yet).  I have a new cousin coming in March (due on my dad's birthday, the 9th) and I can't wait to meet him!  If I go in March, I can see him in his cute little newborn phase, and I already know I'm going in August, it's not an either/or, it's a one or both situation.

In August, there is a carnival in my cousin's very small town (literally about 50 people live there).  I have looked forward to this carnival every year since I can remember.  There's a big parade before the carnival officially opens and my whole family gathers at Aunt Cathy's house to have dinner/drinks before the parade.  Then, during the parade, we all sit in her front yard while Jackie (my 6 year old cousin) sells lemonade to people walking by.  She makes quite a bit of money before/during/after the parade and brings it down to the carnival with her.  After the parade, it's about a 2 minute walk to the fire department where the carnival is held.  You can literally take a roll of quarters down there and have a great night, everything is about 50 cents to play and food is super cheap (just thinking about salt potatoes is making my mouth water).  My uncle runs the beat the dealer table and that's where we end up spending most of the night.  It's a great time and there's lots to do (beat the dealer, bingo, the rat game-where a rat runs around on a table with colored wedges and you bet on which wedge he will go into).  I have gone back up north every year to go to this carnival and I don't plan on doing anything different this year.  Jackie will be 7, Sophia will be 4, Ben will be 1, and Baby C will be about 5 months and I can't believe they're all getting so big!!!

0 comments: