Sunday, May 15, 2011

Infertility A-Z

A. Age when you started TTC: 25 (almost 26)

B. Baby Dancing or Sex:  I think calling it baby dancing is juvenile so it's always sex.  I also don't say "do the deed"

C. Children wanted:  My ideal is 4-5 but at this point I'll take just one.

D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: Baron (Corgi), Gidget (Chihuahua), Bonnie (cat), and Lila (cat)

E.  Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: I've taken prenatal vitamins for over a year now, I have also tried Evening Primrose Oil to no avail.

F. Fertility Meds I’ve taken: 50-150mg of Clomid...I ovulated but no dice.

G. Gain: I gained about 20 lbs between beginning fertility treatment and the last one due to all of the stress. 

H. HSG (Hystosalpingogram):  I had one, but it was during my lap/hysteroscopy so I didn't have to feel the pain of it.  I'm sure when we go to see an RE it'll happen again :(

I.  Infertile Pet Peeves:  People who don't appreciate their children for the wonderful gift they are and the fact that crack whores and deadbeats can get pregnant easily and I can't when I have the means and desire to provide the best life possible for my children.

J. Job title:  I'm a college student in Elementary Education (well, that is as soon as I hear back from EKU that I'm accepted)

K. Kid’s names you’re afraid will be taken by the time you can use them:  Lillian Romeyn (Romeyn for my Daddy) and Connor Sean (Sean for Geoff's Dad).  I don't think they're my cousins' style and they both know I love those names so I don't see them taking them.

L. Length of time TTC: About a year actively and 3 years not trying/not preventing.  

M.  Miscarriages: None.  I don't ever want to experience that heartache either on top of the heartache of IF. 

N. Number of times you’ve switched OB/GYNS, REs, FSs: I've seen one Ob/Gyn and will be switching to an RE in the fall once I have lost some weight.

O. Ovarian quality: I have TONS of eggs, just none of them release due to the large # that grow each month.  Gotta love PCOS

P. POAS or wait for AF:  Honestly, POAS (pee on a stick).  It hurts less when AF shows if I've already determined I'm not pregnant.

Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile:  "If I had known you a year ago when I was pregnant with the baby I gave up for adoption I totally would have given her to you!" - 20 year old girl I worked with who was on baby #3, kept #1, gave up #2 and was keeping #3.  

S. Sperm: Low-Normal.  I think when we did the s/a he felt awkward because when we did the IUIs he was a rockstar.

T. Time you tried naturally: TRIED: 8 months, not trying/not preventing: 3 years.  

U. Uterus quality: My ute is BEAUTIFUL, just empty 

V. Vagina: I have one and it could use to not be visited by the dildo cam as much!

W. What baby stuff do you already have?:  I have a sleeper that I got cheap.  Other than that, nothing unless you count Grandma's glider-rocker as baby stuff.  I don't want to stock up on stuff only to have it break my heart when I look in a closet.

X.  X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey?  Pretty much my entire family on my mom's side and all the girls on BGP.

Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?): Yup.  Visiting with the dildo cam cannot check for cervical cancers and HPV.

Z.  Zits: I get a few now and then, I'm surprised it's not more considering that's a symptom of PCOS.

0 comments: